Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Eonsmoke Eternity Kit

Here it is as promised, my review on the Eonsmoke Eternity Kit Vapor Pen!  For two weeks now, this little baby has helped me significantly cut down on my cigarette smoking.  Yesterday was my last day at 4 cigarettes, now I'm onto 3 days of 3 cigarettes each before dropping down again to 2.  I modified my quit plan again, but only because the app had me cutting down to zero a week before I wanted to.  The days have been hard to get through, but with support, I've made it!  One step closer to being a full-time vaper!




Brand Name:     Eon smoke
Product Name:   Eternity Kit
Product Type:    Vapor Pen
Price:               $23.98
Purchased at:    Lake Wanda Store
                        812 Canistear Road,
                        Highland Lakes, NJ    
                        07422
                        (973)764-4777

Ah, Eonsmoke!  It was a logical choice for me for my first Vapor Pen as Eonsmoke was my brand of choice back when I was using e-cigarettes.  That, and the brand has exploded into brick and mortar stores everywhere, including the local deli, The Lake Wanda Store, where I usually buy my cigarettes.  It couldn't have been easier!

The kit comes with everything you need to get started: a refillable tank with an atomizer, a battery (in black, purple, or blue), a USB charger, and a coupon for 15% off your first 3 orders on their website.  Well, everything you need, that is, except for some e-juice! The Eonsmoke Economy Kit, the starter kit for their e-cigarettes, comes with two cartridges, so I was expecting the Eternity Kit to also come with e-juice. Oh well, that just meant another stop later!  The vaper pen did not come charged, so I had to wait to use it anyway.

The directions were printed on the back of the box, had pictures, and were simple enough to follow. The only thing it doesn't explain is how to tell when the battery is low, which I still can't figure out.  When the pen is too low to power, the lights at the end of the pen and on the power button flash three times to let you know, but that is your only warning.  It would really be nice to know the pen is running low before it dies, so you don't have to wait the two hours for it to charge when you are jonesing for nicotine. I know that there are batteries out there that are capable of this, but perhaps the Eternity battery is not.

One feature that I think is great is the ability to turn the whole thing off. Pressing the power button 5 times in 1.5 seconds, achieved by rapidly pressing the button in quick succession, turns the pen on and off. This helps to protect the battery and atomizer, thus keeping them in working order for longer and making it safe to carry in your pocket.  Another plus is the available extra, colored tanks. (I found them for $4.99 at the Lukoil on Bershire Valley Road in Oak Ridge, NJ). This allows you to have multiple flavors on hand and allows you to keep them color coded for easy identification.  Alternatively, you could use the colors to coordinate your tank (and battery!) to your outfit.

Another big plus is that this battery is also compatable with Eonsmoke's e-cigarette cartridges. This is exciting for me as my old favorite flavor, Mojito, is not available in a liquid so I can still use it in cartridge form!  Also, if you run out of juice in a place where you can't easily fill your tank, you can just keep a cartridge on hand and twist it on. I haven't tried this yet but you can see pictures on the website. It makes the pen look funny, but this feature definitely opens up other possibilities!

The only other downsides I see to this vapor pen are problems with dirt. There are activities I enjoy where I get dirty, like gardening or car repair, that I could smoke a cigarette while doing.  With dirty hands, I am afraid to use the pen. There are air holes near the button that I suppose shouldn't be clogged. Besides that, I find that dirt from my pocket gets into the hole in the mouth piece. Some careful work with a q-tip can easily clean it out though.

All in all the Eonsmoke Eternity pen is easy to use and I am quite satisfied, though I can see myself eventually upgrading to something else, if only to get more warning when the battery is getting low. Now if only I could get over the anxiety I get when filling the tank! (More on that when I review my first e-juice!)

No comments:

Post a Comment